Arctic High Seas: Building Common Interests in the Arctic Ocean
Organized by Arctic Options 17. October 2015
- Paul Arthur Berkman, Professor, University of California Santa Barbara: Balancing National Interests and Common Intersts in the Arctic High Seas.
- Bjarni Már Magnússon, Assistant Professor of Law, Reykjavik University: Iceland’s Reactions to the Declaration Concerning the Prevention of Unregulated High Seas Fishing in the Central Arctic Ocean.
- Alexander N. Vylegzhanin, Professor, Director, International Law Programme, MGIMO University, Russian Federation: Legal Dimensions of Living Resources of the Central Arctic Ocean
- Peter Harrison, Professor Emeritus, Queen's University, Canada: Potential for Commercial Fishing in the Central Arctic Ocean: Issues and Options.
- Lawson W. Brigham, Distinguished Professor, University of Alaska Fairbanks: The IMO Polar Code and the Central Arctic Ocean.
Torsten Thiele, Founder, Global Ocean Trust: Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Use Beyond National Jurisdictions: Options for the High Seas in the Central Arctic Ocean.
- Oran R. Young, Professor Emeritus, Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, University of California Santa Barbara: Governing the Central Arctic Ocean.