Arctic Security: Future Security of the Arctic – Resources, Energy, Environmental/Human Security
Organized by the Thematic Network on Geopolitics and Security 18. October 2015
- Gunhild Hoogenson-Gjörv, Professor, University of Tromsø – Norway’s Arctic University: Linkages between Security, Geopolitical and Governance.
- Sandra Maria Rodrigues Balão, Universidade de Lisboa (ISCSP‐CAPP(P&G)/FCT), Portugal: The Arctic Region as an IR Political Actor ‐ a Multidimensional SWOT (Geopolitical Challenges) Analysis for the XXI Century.
- Alexander Sergunin, Professor, St. Petersburg State University, Russia: The Human Security Concept in the Russian Sustainable Development Strategy in the Arctic: Conceptual, Legal and Institutional Aspects.
- Mikhail Rykhtik, Professor, Nizhny Novgorod State University, Russia: MonoCities and the Problem of Human Security in the Russian High North.
- Lassi Heininen, Professor, University of Lapland, Finland: The Nexus of Resources, the Environment, Climate Change and the Military in Further Security of the Arctic.
- Heather Exner-Pirot, Strategist, University of Saskatchewan, Canada