Building Arctic Resilience: The Nexus of Resilience, Sustainable Development, and Resource Management
Organized by GlobalArctic Project, Northern Research Forum 18. October 2015
- Jim Gamble, Researcher, Aleut International Association, USA and Jessica Shadian, Nansen Professor, University of Akureyri: Hybrid Governance in the Arctic: Carving out a Political Space for Coastal Indigenous Communities in Arctic Emergency Preparedness and Response.
- Agnieszka Ason, Researcher, Free University of Berlin: Resilience as a Precondition for Sustainable Arctic Shipping.
- Nicolas Sellheim, Researcher, University of Lapland: Crushing the Rock and Leaving the Hard Place? Seal Hunting as Social Resistance.
- Karen Everett, PhD Candidate, Trent University, Canada: Yukon Exports and the Challenges of National Border Management Programs.
- Cécile Pelaudeix, Associate Professor, Aarhus University, Denmark: China’s Role in the Governance of the Arctic: Towards an Alternative Diplomacy?
- Maria Ackrén, Head of Department, University of Greenland, Nuuk