Collaboration and Partnership: The Future of Arctic News Media
Organized by Alaska Dispatch News 26. September 2016
Saturday, October 8, 14:30-15:30
Location: Eyri, Harpa Second Level
The Arctic presents unique challenges for news organizations seeking to cover it, but also unprecedented opportunities for innovation and collaboration.
In this session, representatives from several circumpolar news organizations will discuss their approach to news coverage—and unveil an exciting new Arctic media partnership. This interactive session will also provide a forum for discussion among participants and attendees about how important Arctic stories are covered and how to pitch story ideas and opinion pieces.
- Arne Holm, Editor-in-Chief, High North News
- Thomas Nilsen, Editor, The Independent Barents Observer
- Atle Staalesen, General Director, The Independent Barents Observer
- Kevin McGwin, Journalist, The Arctic Journal
- Krestia DeGeorge, News Editor, Alaska Dispatch News
- Alice Rogoff, Publisher, Alaska Dispatch News