Education and Capacity Building in the Arctic: Integrating Western and Local Indigenous Knowledge into Education at Different Levels
Organized by Bifröst University, Iceland and the University of the Arctic 17. October 2015
- Diane Hirshberg, Professor of Education and Policy and Director, Center for Alaska Education Policy, University of Alaska Anchorage
- Andrey Petrov, Associate Professor and Director, ARTICenter, University of Northern Iowa, USA
- Kirsi Latola, Director, UArctic Thematic Networks: Capacity building in Arctic communities and universities.
- Kirk Anderson, Memorial University, Canada: Integrating Traditional Knowledge into Education.
- Sylvia Moore, Associate Professor of the Faculty of Education, Labrador Institute of Memorial University: Community-based indigenous teacher Education.
- Laila Nutti, Sámi University College, Norway: Early childhood education.
- Gordon Brower, Whaling Captain, North Slope Borough School District, Alaska: Integration of traditional and scientific knowledge in Barrow.
- Auður H Ingólfsdóttir, Assistant Professor, Bifröst University