Education and Capacity Building in the Arctic: Outreach Activities and Climate Change Adaptation Strategies
Organized by Bifröst University, Iceland, the University of the Arctic, and the North Slope Borough School District, Alaska 15. October 2015
- Vilhjálmur Egilsson, Rector, Bifröst University: Challenges and opportunities for a small rural university.
- Dagný Arnardóttir, Programme Director, University Centre at the Westfjords: Cool climate, warm welcome, excellent education - The master's program in coastal and marine management in Ísafjörður, NW Iceland.
- Ingólfur Arnarsson, Assistant Professor, Bifröst University: Cooperation between local businesses and universities in rural areas.
- Geirlaug Jóhannsdóttir, Adjunct, Bifröst University: Pilot project about increasing education level in rural northwest Iceland.
- Diana Mastracci, North Slope Borough School District, Barrow, Alaska, with high school students Bradley and Alfred Brower: Integrating Traditional and Scientific knowledge. Barrow, a case study.