Fulbright in the Arctic: a Cross-Disciplinary Dialogue
Organized by the Iceland-US Fulbright Commission in cooperation with the US State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs 16. October 2015
Speakers / Panelists:
- Mary E. Kirk, Director, Office of Academic Exchange Programs Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State
Core US Visiting Scholars / Fellows:
- Rebecca Pincus, Distinguished Visiting Professor of Maritime Studies, Center for Arctic Study and Policy (US Coast Guard Academy); Fulbright-MFA Arctic Scholar: Politics and Power in the Arctic.
- Robert Patrick Wheelersburg, Professor of Anthropology, Elizabethtown College; Fulbright-NSF Arctic research scholar: Modelling Sustainable Natural Resource Use in the Arctic to Aid Policy Formation.
- Jerilynn Jackson, PhD student, University of Oregon; Fulbright-NSF Arctic research fellow: Narrating Glacier loss: Iceland.
Fulbright Arctic Initiative Lead Scholars:
- Mike Sfraga, Vice Chancellor, University of Alaska Fairbanks; Professor of Arctic Policy
- Ross Virginia, Director, Institute of Arctic Studies, Myers Professor of Environmental Science, Dartmouth College
Fulbright Arctic Initiative Water Group Scholars:
- Niels Vestergaard, Professor and Chair, Department of Environmental and Business Economics University of Southern Denmark
Fulbright Arctic Initiative Energy Group Scholars:
- Gunhild Hoogensen Gjørv, Professor of Poltical Science, University of Tromsø
- Bjarni Magnússon, Assistant Professor of Law, Reykjavik University Fulbright Arctic Initiative Health and Infrastructure
- Anne Hansen, Associate Professor, The Danish Center for Environmental Assessment, Aalborg University
- Susan Chatwood, Executive and Scientific Director, Institute for Circumpolar Health Research; Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of PublicHealth, University of Toronto
- Gwen Holdmann, Director, Alaska Center for Energy
- Belinda Theriault, Executive Director, Iceland-US Fulbright Commission