Hafið – Icelandic Center of Excellence for Sustainable Use and Conservation of the Ocean
Organized by Hafið, Icelandic Center of Excellence for Sustainable Use and Conservation of the Ocean 17. October 2015
Hafið – the Icelandic Center of Excellence for Sustainable Use and Conservation of the Ocean aims to provide a public-private platform for environmental innovation with special focus on the Ocean.
Our project coordination links to policy development and actual implementation by the industry. In the year that has passed since its establishment, several cooperation projects are already in progress while others are being established and funding secured.
- Jón Ágúst Þorsteinsson, Chairman of the Board, Hafið: Opening Speech.
- Svavar Svavarsson, Business Development, HB Grandi: Fisheries and Hafið – the importance of a wide angle approach.
- Gunnar Stefánsson, Professor, University of Iceland: Science and crossborder cooperation.
- Dagur B Eggertsson, Mayor of Reykjavík: Green City – Blue Port: The role of municipalities on the way to sustainability.
- Hrönn Egilsdóttir, PhD Candidate, University of Iceland: Ocean Acidification
- Sigríður Ragna Sverrisdóttir, Project Manager, Hafið: Hafið; A public – private platform for ocean related innovation for the environment. Projects overview.