Marine Protected Areas
Organized by the Arctic Council’s Protection of the Arctic Marine Environment (PAME) and Conservation of Arctic Flora and Fauna (CAFF) Working Groups, and the WWF Global Arctic Programme 16. October 2015
- Tom Barry, Executive Secretary, Conservation of Arctic Flora and Fauna Working Group of the Arctic Council: Importance of International Cooperation on MPAs for the protection of Arctic biodiversity.
- Hjalti Hreinsson, Project Manager, Protection of the Arctic Marine Environment (PAME) Working Group of the Arctic Council: The Arctic Council Framework for a Pan-Arctic Network of Marine Protected Area.
- Martin Sommerkorn, Head of Conservation, WWF Global Arctic Programme: Shaping Arctic Change through Stewardship: The Nexus of Area-based Conservation, Ecosystem-based Management and Sustainable Development.
- Tatiana Saksina, Head of the Polar Programme, Global Marine & Polar Programme International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN): Key Principles and Approaches in Establishing MPAs and MPA Networks as Seen by IUCN.
- Boris Soloviev, Research Scientist, A.N. Severtsov Institute of Ecology and Evolution, Russian Academy of Sciences; WWF-Russia: Designing a Network of Marine Protected Areas in the Russian Arctic: First Results and Lessons Learned.
- Sebastien Gadal, Professor of Geography, Geomatic sciences, Urban Studies, Teeitorial Development, University of Aix-Marseill; French representative at the PAME working group
- Magnus Johannesson, Director, Arctic Council Secretariat