People, Planet and Profit: Promoting Sustainable Student Entrepreneurship in the Arctic
Organized by: Ilisimatusarfik - University of Greenland, Fróðskaparsetur Føroya - University of the Faroe Islands, The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) 14. September 2017
How can we empower students to be entrepreneurial driving forces in facilitating an integrated economic, social and environmentally sustainable development in the region? How can we promote sustainable student entrepreneurship through education, learning networks and capacity building at institutions of higher education in the Arctic? These are some of the key questions that will be discussed at this workshop format breakout session.
Friday, October 13, 17:55 - 19:25
Location: Flói, Ground Level
The workshop is the official kick-off for the project “Promoting Sustainable Student Entrepreneurship in the Arctic”, which has been supported by the Nordic Council of Ministers. Based on the tenet that an essential driver for a sustainable development of the Arctic region is to promote sustainable entrepreneurship among students - the future generations of entrepreneurs - the project aims to build a Nordic collaboration on education, learning networks and capacity building within student entrepreneurship at HE institutions in the Arctic.
- Sune Nordentoft Lauritsen, Head of Secretariat, Polar DTU, Technical University of Denmark: People,
planetand profit in the Arctic - Promoting Sustainable Student Entrepreneurship in the Arctic region
- Pål Fernvall, Senior Entrepreneurship Officer, DTU Skylab, Technical University of Denmark: Fostering entrepreneurial mindsets among students – how entrepreneurial
competencescan be cultivated among students and faculty
- Anne Lise Kappel, Head of Department, Ilisimatusarfik: Student entrepreneurship in Greenland and the people bottom line
- Lau Øfjord Blaxekjær, Assistant Professor, Programme Director of West Nordic Studies, Fróðskaparsetur Føroya (University of the Faroe Islands): Student entrepreneurship in the Faroe Islands and the planet bottom line
- Kristoffer Buch, Innovation Manager, DTU Skylab, Technical University of Denmark: Arctic EntrepreneurShip – An ambitious entrepreneurial voyage along the west coast of Greenland