Sustainable Regional Development in the Nordic Arctic
Organized by Nordregio 12. September 2016
Sunday, October 9, 16:30-18:30
Location: Ríma A, Harpa First Level
The Breakout session will focus on the main findings and results from the project Foresight Analysis for Sustainable Regional Development in the Nordic Arctic, commissioned by the Nordic Working Group for Sustainable Regional Development in the Arctic.
The purpose of the project has been to assess opportunities and challenges for sustainable regional development in the Nordic Arctic and to identify future development perspectives. This provides more comprehensive knowledge, and input for development of the Nordic Arctic policy. A foresight analysis has been carried out in three stages with participation from communities, regions and national authorities. Through a series of workshops the participants contributed with their perspectives on potentials and challenges for future sustainable regional development in the Nordic Arctic. The objective of this process is to create a foundation for action, focusing on the opportunities that become evident from the analyses.
Photo by Mia Bennett / Cryopolitics
- Anna Karlsdóttir, Senior Research Fellow at Nordregio: Bringing the message through from dialogues in local regions to national and Interregional policy level.
- Leneisja Jungsberg, Research Fellow at Nordregio: Community involvement and youth perspectives on the future in the Nordic Arctic.
- "New business opportunities – bio-economy, tourism and creative industries in the Nordic Arctic."
- Lise Smed Olsen, Research Fellow at Nordregio
- Anna Berlina, Research Fellow at Nordregio
- Tim Heleniak, Senior Research Fellow at Nordregio: Newcomers to the North: International Migration into the Arctic.