Expanding Arctic Indigenous Collaborations
22. August 2017
Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation, the Wilson Center, Alaska's North Slope Borough and the International Centre for Reindeer Husbandry are organizing a session on cross-border cooperation among Arctic indigenous peoples on business development and traditional subsistence.
- Lars Nelson,Vice President of Lands, Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation: Connecting the American Arctic – Barrow, Alaska.
- Mike Sfraga, Polar Initiative Director, Wilson Center: The Future Arctic: Indigenous Communities as Essential Drivers of Economic and Social Success.
- Nagruk Harcharek, General Manager, UIC Science: Constructive Collaborations Between Indigenous Peoples and the Researchers.
- Harry K. Brower Jr., North Slope Borough Mayor
- Catherine Coral Simons,Senior Maritime Infrastructure Advisor, Department of Transportation Committee on the Marine Transportation System: Infrastructure Policy & Finance: Arctic Spotlight.
- Halldór Jóhannsson, Executive Director, Arctic Portal: Arctic Cooperation and Business Development Driven by Knowledge and Effective Information Exchange.
- Joseph Ahmaogak, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Olgoonik: A View from a Traditional Whaling Village.
- Anders Oskal, Executive Director, International Centre for Reindeer Husbandry: Unique cross-border cooperation between Arctic reindeer peoples.