All Sessions run for 55-60 minutes and are held in auditoriums, lecture halls, board rooms, and open spaces throughout Harpa and nearby venues.
Types of Sessions at the 2022 Arctic Circle Assembly:
- Morning Sessions are held throughout the morning on all Assembly days prior to the Plenary program. This slot is well suited for in-depth presentations, discussions, roundtables and workshops.
- Afternoon Sessions are held in the afternoon after the Plenary program. This slot is well suited for in-depth presentations, discussions, roundtables and workshops.
- Evening Sessions have more flexibility in duration, intended for gatherings with a more relaxed atmosphere, such as networking events, small receptions, game nights or film screenings. Please note that drinks and light refreshments can be provided by Harpa Conference Center at the expense of the organizers.
How to submit a proposal:
Proposals may ONLY be submitted via our online submission form. Please note that you will have to register as a user in the Oxford Abstracts system in order to submit Session proposals. You will be able to edit your proposal at any time until the deadline on May 15th.
Proposals must include the following:
- The Session's proposed name (86 characters maximum)
- Organizing body/bodies
- Contact person
- Room setup (auditorium seating / round tables)
- Preferred time of day (preferences are not guaranteed)
- Promotional description of the Session
- Description of the Session for the review process
- List of speakers and speaker topics
- Any special requirements
- Affiliated websites
Please note the following information:
- At least half of the proposed speakers must be confirmed as willing and able to speak at the Assembly by the time of submission.
- As an open, demographic forum, Arctic Circle requires Sessions to include time for Q&A or other forms of audience involvement.
- Organizers of accepted Sessions will be asked to have all their speakers fill out an online speaker information sheet. The speaker information sheet includes providing a short bio (max 200 words) and a headshot (240x240 px). Speaker information sheets must be completed before August 1st.
- While there is no fee for organizing Sessions at Arctic Circle Assembly, organizers and speakers are responsible for their own travel and accommodation, as well as the applicable registration fee for participation.
Governments, institutions, organizations, universities, think tanks, companies and other such bodies are eligible to submit proposals. Individuals may not submit proposals without institutional affiliation/support.
Proposals must describe the Session's relevance to the Arctic, including its contribution to increased knowledge or awareness of Arctic issues.
Diversity among speaker backgrounds, affiliations and nationality are encouraged.
Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org