Sessions run for 55-60 minutes and are held in auditoriums, lecture halls, board rooms, and open spaces throughout the Assembly area. A very limited number of Sessions focusing on science will be allocated additional 30 minutes to facilitate more time for discussions.
Types of Sessions at the 2023 Arctic Circle Assembly:
- Day Sessions are held throughout the morning and in the afternoon on all Assembly days. Sessions in this category are aimed at in-depth presentations, discussions, roundtables and workshops.
- Evening Sessions have more flexibility in duration, intended for gatherings with a more relaxed atmosphere, such as networking events, small receptions, game nights or film screenings. Please note that drinks and light refreshments can be provided by Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Centre at the expense of the organizers.
How to submit a proposal:
Proposals may ONLY be submitted via our online submission form. Please note that you will have to register as a user in the submission system in order to submit Session proposals. Please note that all messages regarding the proposal will be sent to the email address you provide when logging into the system.
Proposals must include the following:
- The Session's proposed name (86 characters maximum)
- Organizing body/bodies
- Contact person
- Room setup (auditorium seating / round tables - please only select round tables if you intend to use them to facilitate discussions or other activities)
- Extended time: Indication and rationale, if you would like your session to be considered for the additional 30 minutes.
- Promotional description of the Session (this text will be used to promote your session on Social Media and in the Assembly App)
- Description of the Session for the review process
- List of speakers and speaker topics
- Any special requirements
- Affiliated websites
Please read the following information carefully:
- At least half of the proposed speakers must be confirmed as willing and able to speak at the Assembly by the time of submission.
- As an open, democratic forum, Arctic Circle requires Sessions to include ample time for Q&A or other forms of audience involvement.
- Organizers of accepted Sessions will be asked to have all their speakers fill out an online speaker information sheet. The speaker information sheet includes providing a short bio (max 200 words) and a headshot (240x240 px). Speaker information sheets must be completed before August 1st. This information will be used to create speaker profiles in the Assembly App and does NOT equal registration for the Assembly.
- All speakers and organizers MUST BE REGISTERED for the Assembly before September 20th.
- While there is no fee for organizing Sessions at Arctic Circle Assembly, organizers and speakers are responsible for their own travel and accommodation, as well as the applicable registration fee for participation. Breakout Session Speakers get a substantial discount to the general registration fees.
Governments, institutions, organizations, universities, think tanks, companies and other such bodies are eligible to submit proposals. Individuals may not submit proposals without institutional affiliation/support.
Proposals must describe the Session's relevance to the Arctic, including its contribution to increased knowledge or awareness of Arctic issues.
Diversity among speaker backgrounds, affiliations and nationalities is strongly encouraged.
Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org